Sometimes you may forget your forgot your Wi-Fi network password. If you are already connected or you have another Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can find the password. After you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- On a Windows PC that’s connected to your Wi-Fi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, select the Startbutton, then select Settings> Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- In Network and Sharing Center, next toConnections, select your Wi-Fi network name.
- In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select theSecuritytab, then select the Show characters check box.
Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.