Sometimes you want to configure static IP address on your android device.
The steps below will guide you on how to set the static IP. The steps will vary with different versions of android. This documentation is based on Android 9
- Go to Settings, click on Connections then WiFi.
- Tap and hold on the network you wish to adjust and click Manage Network Settings.
- Open ‘Advanced options’ > and in ‘IP setting, change in the drop down the field from ‘DHCP’ to ‘Static’
Scroll down to enter the IP address, Gateway, Network Prefix length (which determines the subnet mask) and the two DNS server IP addresses DNS 1 and DNS 2.
- Note: When using static IP addresses on home and other private networks, they should be chosen from within the standard private IP address ranges listed:
- 0.0.0 through 10.255.255.255
- 16.0.0 through 172.31.255.255
- 168.0.0 through 192.168.255.255
- The Gateway should fill in automatically based on the IP address. If not, copy the IP address and replace the last number with 1.
- Tap Save and let the network reconnect.