Install IIS With PowerShell
If you don’t have the GUI installed or just want to use the PowerShell command line interface (CLI) instead, follow these steps. This method is a lot faster than going through all of the GUI options.
- Open PowerShell with administrative privileges and run the Install-WindowsFeature cmdlet as shown below.
Install-WindowsFeature -name Web-Server -IncludeManagementTools
Install IIS through GUI
If your server has the graphical user interface component installed you can also install IIS by following these steps.
- Open Server Managerand click Manage> Add Roles and Features. Click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the appropriate server. The local server is selected by default. Click Next.
- Enable Web Server (IIS)and click Next.
- No additional features are necessary to install the Web Adaptor, so click Next.
- On the Web Server Role (IIS)dialog box, click Next.
- On the Select role servicesdialog box, verify that the web server components listed below are enabled. Click Next.
- Verify that your settings are correct and click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Close to exit the wizard.