If you have used Google Sheets, you will agree with me that it is becoming the choice spreadsheet for many people especially those that works online. Google has made it so easy to collaborate and that makes it way ahead of all the other spreadsheet tools. It is without doubt easy to use. It also has new features every other day
Duplicates are instances of the same record appearing in your data more than once.
If you have duplicate data that you would like to remove, Google sheets lets you do that in simple ways. If you are using Microsoft excel, see how to remove duplicates in Microsoft excel
Delete Duplicates Using the ‘Remove Duplicates’ Feature
This is a dedicated option to quickly remove the duplicate records.
Below are the steps to remove duplicates from a dataset in Google Sheets:
- Select the dataset from which you want to remove the duplicate records
- Click the Data option in the menu
- Click on the Remove Duplicates option
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box, make sure ‘Data has header row’ is selected (in case your data has the header row).
- Make sure ‘Select All’ is selected (in the ‘Columns to Analyze’ section)
- Click on the ‘Remove duplicates’ button.
This will instantly remove all the duplicate records from the dataset