Skip to content
- Alt-Esc cycles through the list of open programs in the order they have been opened.
- Alt-F4 closes the active item or exits the active program
- Alt-Tab lets you switch between open programs and windows, Alt-Shift-Tabwalks through the listing backwards.
- Ctlr-s saves a document or web page in many programs, including Office and web browsers.
- Ctrl-a highlights everything in a folder or document.
Ctrl-c copies the selected item or text to the clipboard.
- Ctrl-Backspace deletes the word on the left of the cursor.
- Ctrl-f opens the search in many programs. All web browsers and the majority of Office applications for instance support this. F3may work sometimes as well.
- Ctrl-Home moves the cursor to the top of the document, while Ctrl-Endto the end of it.
- Ctrl-left arrow moves the cursor to the beginning of the previous word, while Ctrl-right arrowto the beginning of the next word.
- Ctrl-Shift-click on a taskbar icon to open the program with administrative privileges.(Windows 7 and newer)
- Ctrl-Shift-Esc opens the Windows Task Manager. (Windows 7 and newer)
- Ctrl-Shift-left arrowor right arrow highlights the full previous or next word.
- Ctrl-v pastes the contents of the clipboard into the active program.
- Ctrl-z undos the last action.
- Esc cancels the current task.
- Shift-click on a taskbar icon to launch another instance of the program
- Windows-d displays the desktop, while Windows-mminimizes all windows to show the desktop, and Windows-Shift-m restores the windows to their original position.
- Windows-e opens My Computer in Windows Explorer
- Windows-r opens the run box to start programs from there.
Windows 10’s Shortcusts
- Windows key + A: Open the Action Center
- Windows key + C: Launch Cortana in listening mode (for voice commands)
- Windows key + Ctrl+ left or right arrow: switch between virtual desktops
- Windows key + Ctrl+ D: Create a new virtual desktop
- Windows key + Ctrl+ F4: Close the current desktop
- Windows key + I: Open the Settings app
- Windows key + S: Launch Cortana
- Windows key + Tab: Open Task View